Saturday, August 11, 2007

School 2.0

It was a bit overwhelmed as I read through the School 2.0 sketch. It involves many of the educational roles that are functioning in a educational community that I don't think about on a daily basis. It gave me a good perspective on all of the wheels that are turning to make schools work.

With that said, like the interconnectedness of the sketch. It certainly is powerful to streamline systems and to increase communications between all parties. My concern is taking the "people" out of education, and the world, for that matter. I do not see a social aspect to this sketch. How can one learn a language (identified on the The Horizontal Technology Layers under Language Learning) without personally speaking to real people. By removing real people we lose social skill development which, for many students, is just as important as learning the curriculum.

I would like to see people working with groups of people, in the real world, using technology first hand for real life jobs. I would not promote isolating people from interacting personally from each other. I don't want to enter the Matrix. (Love that movie, by the way!)

No comments: