Sunday, August 12, 2007

I Want to "Be a Contributor!"

I want to be a contributor in support of using technology for teaching and learning.

This class has changed my entire view of technology and teaching. I will be rethinking all of my daily rituals of teaching to try and add some type of technology. As I have mentioned since the beginning of the course, I have been planning to implement a Seeing America theme for the upcoming school year. This course could not have come at a better time. I think using a wikki will be especially useful to students. By connecting with people all over America, a wikki will allow for all parties to contribute to the collected information. The most ironic thing is that I did not know what a wikki was before this course and I swore I would never need one.

I would also like to involve the parents to use technology as well by having families do at home projects. I know it is possible that some families may not have access, but it could be good exposure for students and parents alike, and create opportunities for family time together. I was thinking possibly having my students connect with family or friends who are out of town using a specified technological tool. Please feel free to add comments with any other ideas.



Lori,
Thank you for all of the hard work you must have done to create this class for us. I have enjoyed it very much. You have done an outstanding job teaching us about tools that are at our fingertips yet we were not utilizing. Well done!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Erin, I love your idea of involving families with technology rich at home projects. So many parents don't realize how technology can enhance teaching and learning and I think this would be a great way to introduce them to this.